Built in 1910 by Henry Walz, the original Majestic Theater served as the entertainment center for Easthampton for many years. The theater had box seats, a balcony, a stage, and a capacity of over 800. It also had six bowling lanes and a shuffleboard court in the basement. It was run by William Friel, who paid Henry a rent of $75/week in 1912. The Majestic featured vaudeville acts, variety shows, burlesque and other live acts. Henry sold the Majestic in 1917 and it burned down on Feb. 4, 1922. Stefan Rapalus rebuilt the Majestic in the early 20’s to replace one which burned down on February 4, 1922. The rebuilt theater was completed in 1923. As movies came onto the scene, first silent, and then “Talkies”, the Majestic began showing them and continued to do so for nearly 60 years.